UW fell 83-58 to Ohio State to open Big Ten play.

Wisconsin suffers worst home loss in Kohl Center history against Ohio State

The Wisconsin men's basketball team's (0-1 Big Ten, 3-5 overall) early season struggles continued on Saturday, as they were blown out 83-58 at home by Ohio State (1-0 Big Ten, 5-4 overall) — the worst defeat the Badgers have ever suffered at the Kohl Center.  

Ohio State jumped out to an early lead on the back of a near-perfect shooting performance from behind the arc. With 12:01 left in the half, the Buckeyes led 20-8 and were 4-of-4 from 3-point range. 

Going into the locker room, the Badgers trailed 49-26, and shot just 30 percent from the floor — their worst shooting performance in any first half this season. Ohio State shot 78 percent from the floor in the opening 20 minutes, including 7-of-8 from three.

Wisconsin's offensive struggles continued into the second half — an Ethan Happ layup with 18:23 to go were the Badgers' only points for the first five minutes of the period. And things would only get worse for UW. With 11:48 left in the second period, it had managed just two more buckets and trailed by 32.

One bright spot for Wisconsin was Nate Reuvers, who scored his first career points with 7:58 to go in the first half. The true freshman finished the game 4-of-4 from the field — including two 3-pointers — and finished with 10 points

Freshman sensation Brad Davison led UW with 16 points and three assists.

Check back later at dailycardinal.com/section/sports for the full story from the Badgers’ loss.