The Division of Student Life will roll out a social media campaign next week on which students can share their stories of resilience. 

New social media campaign to promote resilience among students

UW-Madison students will share personal stories of resilience through a new social media campaign that the university’s Division of Student Life will roll out next week.

The Carry On, Badger campaign will share stories of overcoming challenges with the UW-Madison community, aiming to help students find support and learn from the hardships of others.

According to Darcy Wittberger, director of communications for the Division of Student Life, the division will share advice, tips and resources to Twitter, Facebook and Instagram using the #CarryOnBadger hashtag “to not only tell student stories, but also to share insight and tools on how to successfully move forward in the face of challenge.”

“We understand that life can be hard and we want to support students through transition and campus life,” Wittberger said. “Every student faces different types of problems, but the campaign showcases differences and provides a voice on how to work through hard times.”

Wittberger said in addition to providing students with a forum to learn about the experiences of others, the campaign will encourage students to work together to create a community where people support one another.

“We hope students build each other up and support one another, even when faced with situations that may or may not be beyond their control,” she said.

Students who share a story of resilience or a message of encouragement to others using the hashtag #CarryOnBadger on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram will be entered to win a $25 gift certificate to the student unions. The campaign will run throughout the 2017-’18 academic year.