Live From the Nest kick-starts its season with singer/songwriter Dan Lenington

Thursday night marked the beginning of Live From the Nest: a set of live, stripped-down performances from Madison musicians held in the Daily Cardinal office and streamed live on Facebook.

The first performance showcased UW-Madison student, Dan Lenington. Dan’s short set consisted of three original songs. His opening songs, “Alone” and “Glow,” are featured on his first EP that was released on Soundcloud nine months ago. Dan used his performance as an opportunity to present a brand new song that is currently unnamed.

Written solely by Dan, the tracks pull from his daily life and his desire to reach other people’s hearts with his music. As Live From the Nest’s first guest, his set included raw vocals accompanied by enthusiastic acoustic guitar play.

Following the set, Daily Cardinal writers asked questions that revealed details about Dan’s recording and writing process as well as from where he draws the majority of his inspiration. In an attempt to get his music heard by more people, Dan says that he also has been in pursuit of local open mic nights and various opportunities that will allow him to interact with new audiences.

In the coming weeks, Live From the Nest will host more talented local artists who will perform for everyone to see live on The Daily Cardinal’s Facebook page.