Derrick Tindal, who has three interceptions this year, underwent a minor surgery Tuesday. 

Derrick Tindal has surgery on hand; not expected to miss significant time

The Wisconsin Badgers have another defensive starter going under the knife as junior Derrick Tindal had surgery on his right hand Tuesday, the team confirmed.

A team official described it as a minor procedure, and Tindal is not expected to miss the team’s next game against Ohio State.

Tindal did not leave last Saturday’s game against the Michigan Wolverines with any injury, and he registered his third interception of the season off of a pass tipped by redshirt sophomore linebacker Jack Cichy in the third quarter.

When Tindal spoke to reporters after the loss, he did not appear to have anything wrong with his right hand, so this surgery comes as a surprise entering the Badgers’ bye week.

Junior cornerback Lubern Figaro had been filling in as the third cornerback for injured junior Natrell Jamerson, so if Tindal does end up missing time, Figaro would likely take over the starting job.

So far, the Wisconsin defense hasn’t had any issues overcoming its injuries as they continue to play well even as starters go down. The Badgers are using this bye week to try and get players closer to 100-percent, and for some, that means surgery.