Skip to Content, Navigation, or Footer.
The Daily Cardinal Est. 1892
Thursday, April 18, 2024

Cooking incident creates fire on Langdon

The Madison Fire Department was dispatched to an apartment on the 200 block of Langdon Street in response to a cooking fire Sunday evening.

The Madison Ladder Company 8 firefighters at 5:27 p.m. The building showed no sign of flames or smoke outside when the firefighters approached, according to a Madison Fire Department release.

The tenant ran out of the apartment carrying a fire extinguisher, explaining how the fire ignited while attempting to fry food. The Ladder Company 8 observed exhaust rolling out of the doorway.

Once evacuated, the firefighters suited up and entered the building. Despite no active fire being present, a thermal-imaging camera was used to confirm the lack of flames.

Thick smoke was cleared from the apartment, and both the walls and the cupboards of the kitchen were covered in smoke. The tenant opted to spend the evening elsewhere.

Support your local paper
Donate Today
The Daily Cardinal has been covering the University and Madison community since 1892. Please consider giving today.

Powered by SNworks Solutions by The State News
All Content © 2024 The Daily Cardinal