T.J. Watt's performance for the Badgers defense earned him the football team's Athlete of the Semester. 

Buckeyes outlast Badgers in overtime thriller for the ages

With ESPN’s College Gameday in town, everyone across the country knew this game had the potential to be a thriller. It did not disappoint as the two teams went back-and-forth throughout the second half, but No. 2 Ohio State outlasted the No. 8 Badgers 30-23 in overtime.

Everything went right for Wisconsin in the first half as they took a 16-6 lead. The Badgers outgained Ohio State 313-172, senior running back Corey Clement rushed for 110 yards and the Badger defense didn’t allow a touchdown to a Buckeye team that had reached the end zone in every half prior to today.

The second half, however, was a different story. The bend-but-not-break defense began to break. Hornibrook threw his only interception of the game. The Badgers took the lead on a promising drive, only to allow OSU to tie it quickly after and send the game to overtime.

The Buckeyes started with the ball in overtime and scored despite a number of penalties. Wisconsin was unable to get into the endzone, despite getting to first-and-goal from the five-yard line, and the game ended when Hornibrook was sacked.

Next week, the Badgers head to Iowa City to take on the Hawkeyes in an 11 a.m. kickoff.