Democrat Russ Feingold has a 6-point lead over Republican incumbent Ron Johnson in Wednesday’s Marquette University Law School poll.

Clinton holds 2-point lead in tightening Wisconsin presidential race

Hillary Clinton is clinging to a 2-point lead over Donald Trump in Wisconsin, according to the Marquette University Law School Poll announced Wednesday.

The poll shows 44 percent of statewide likely voters supported Clinton, while 42 percent of them chose Trump. Another 12 percent support neither, say they are not voting or don’t know who to vote for.

In a four-way race bringing in Libertarian Gary Johnson and Green Party candidate Jill Stein, 41 percent of likely voters endorsed Clinton and 38 percent endorsed Trump.

In the previous late-August poll, with only the two presidential candidates facing off, 45 percent of likely voters supported Clinton and 42 percent chose Trump.

Democrat Russ Feingold leads incumbent Republican Ron Johnson by six points in the U.S. Senate race, according to the poll. Feingold polled with 47 percent of the vote compared with 41 percent for Johnson. Feingold led 48-45 in the last poll.

The Feingold campaign touted the result as a sign his campaign is resonating with Wisconsinites.

"Russ is maintaining a consistent lead in the polls because he's prioritizing the concerns of middle class and working families across Wisconsin,” said Feingold spokesperson Michael Tyler in a statement. “Wisconsinites know that instead of protecting corporations and multi-millionaires like Sen. Johnson has done for years, Russ actually listens to Wisconsin's families and will fight for their needs.”

The poll also surveyed public opinion on certain political issues. When asked about U.S. military actions against the Islamic State, 30 percent of respondents agreed to limit involvement to air strikes only, 42 percent supported combat troops on the ground in Syria and 15 percent believed there should be no military action at all.

The poll surveyed 802 registered voters via cell phones and landlines. The margin of error is roughly five percentage points.