Bucky Badger

Bucky Badger will have a busy week, as both the Wednesday men's hockey coaching staff and Thursday women's basketball head coach introductions are open to the public and have been festively promoted by UW.

Wisconsin to introduce a pair of coaching hires this week

Wisconsin will introduce its new men’s hockey coaching staff and women’s basketball head coach this week, according to a Tuesday UW release.

The Badgers are expected to announce Tony Granato as the new men’s hockey head coach Wednesday and Jonathan Tsipis as the women’s basketball head coach Thursday.

Granato is coming off a stint as an assistant coach with the Detroit Red Wings, and Tsipis resigned as head coach at George Washington University Monday evening.

While it’s unclear if Tsipis will reveal any of his assistant coaches Thursday, Granato is expected to be joined by assistants Dan Granato, Tony’s younger brother and current coach of the USA Hockey National Development Program and Mark Osiecki, a former Badger assistant who most recently served as an assistant coach for the Chicago Blackhawks’ AHL affiliate, the Rockford IceHogs.

Both introductions will be open to the public, as the men’s hockey press conference will take place Wednesday at 12:30 p.m. inside the Kohl Center’s lower bowl, and the women’s hockey press conference will be held Thursday at 1 p.m. in the Nicholas-Johnson Pavilion.