Skip to Content, Navigation, or Footer.
The Daily Cardinal Est. 1892
Sunday, June 23, 2024

Residents sleep through fire, rescued by firefighters

Firefighters rescued two sleeping Madison residents Tuesday night, as a fire filled their apartment, according to a Madison Fire Department daily report.

Responders rushed to Magnolia Lane after a concerned apartment resident reported they thought they detected smoke in the basement. Alarms started to ring as firefighters searched the basement, but thermal cameras indicated no hot spots.

As they cleared the apartments, firefighters said a smoky haze and smell were present. The residents of one apartment did not answer, at which point a firefighter went outside to the window and found heavy smoke.

Firefighters forced their way into the apartment to find a pan burning on the stove and two occupants sleeping in other rooms. The two stepped outside while the firefighters ventilated the apartment and put out the burning kitchenware.

Both occupants said they were fine and denied medical attention.

Support your local paper
Donate Today
The Daily Cardinal has been covering the University and Madison community since 1892. Please consider giving today.

Powered by SNworks Solutions by The State News
All Content © 2024 The Daily Cardinal