Wisconsin extends winning streak to four games

In another Big Ten battle Wisconsin (4-1-1 Big Ten, 7-4-3 overall), beat Iowa (0-5-1, 6-6-1) 2-0 for its fourth-straight victory Thursday night. The Badgers picked up right where they previously left off against Minnesota, putting a lot of offensive pressure on the Hawkeyes.

The Badgers wasted no time getting their offense going, as redshirt senior forward Marisa Kresge had a shot on goal in the second minute of the game. The offensive onslaught continued as Kresge scored the first goal of the game, and her first of the season, in the 18th minute. The Badgers took the 1-0 lead over Iowa into the half outshooting the Hawkeyes 7-2.

The second half was much of the same as the Badgers opened the half with three corner kicks in the first 11 minutes. In the 61st minute Iowa had a handball inside of the box, giving the Badgers a penalty kick for their second-straight game. Senior Kinley McNicoll converted on the penalty kick for the second-straight game.

Even with the two-goal lead Wisconsin continued to put pressure on the Hawkeye defense, outshooting the Hawkeyes 19-4. Not to be overshadowed by the offense, the Badgers’ defense recorded its fifth-straight shutout.

The Badgers will take on Nebraska Sunday at 1 p.m. in Lincoln, Neb.

UWBadgers.com contributed to this report.