Violent altercation at Wando’s leads to arrest

After a violent exchange at Wando’s Bar & Grill early Wednesday morning, Madison police arrested a 21-year-old Madison woman on two counts of battery, along with disorderly conduct and damage to property.

The suspect, Skyler L. Cage, punched a 26-year-old Madison woman in the face after mistakenly believing that the victim had attempted to take a Snapchat photograph of Cage, according to an incident report written by Madison Police Department Public Information Officer Joel DeSpain.

In reality, the victim said she was trying to record a video of some stand-up comedians whom she had seen perform before Kevin Hart at the Kohl Center earlier in the night.

Cage also struck a 28-year-old Madison woman several times in the face after the victim attempted to stop the assault on her friend, according to an incident report.

Along with physical damage, one of the victims’ iPhone shattered in the altercation after it was knocked to the ground by her intoxicated assailant.

Witnesses told police that Cage made vulgar statements about the race of the victims in addition to screaming profanities at them as the victims left Wando’s. Police did not pursue hate crime charges in addition to the battery charges.