Barlow supplies late-game heroics in his hometown, powers Badgers to victory

Although Wisconsin started a three-game road trip Wednesday night, one Badger felt right at home.  Early into the second overtime period, sophomore forward and St. Louis native Tom Barlow sent in the game-winner for Wisconsin (1-1-2 Big Ten, 3-8-2 overall) against the St. Louis Bilikens (0-1-2 Atlantic 10, 4-5-2 overall).

The two sides played to a scoreless first half, but it was the Bilikens who were able to get on the scoreboard first.  Just four minutes into the second half, senior defender Filip Pavisic took a free kick from 22 yards out that beat the keeper to take a 1-0 lead.

With less than 15 minutes to go, sophomore midfielder Christopher Mueller, who leads the Badgers in goals and points with four and 11, respectively, knocked in the equalizer.  Neither side was able to regain the edge in the final minutes of regulation time, sending the Badgers to their second consecutive overtime match and the Bilikens to their fifth straight.

After a scoreless first extra period, Wisconsin was set up with a corner kick in the 105th minute.  Mueller was able to direct it toward the box, where Barlow was waiting to head it past the near post for the game winner, giving the Badgers the decisive 2-1 advantage.

Despite carrying a record of 0-6-1 at home, the Badgers have been able to find success away from Madison, standing at 3-2-1 on the road including a four-game streak of gaining at least one point. 

The Badgers will have the chance to continue their road triumphs, traveling to Columbus to take on Ohio State on Sunday before playing in-state rival Milwaukee next Wednesday.

UWBadgers.com contributed to this report.