Skip to Content, Navigation, or Footer.
The Daily Cardinal Est. 1892
Saturday, May 18, 2024

Fire closes downtown restaurant, causes $100,000 in damages

The downtown Paisan’s Italian Restaurant remains closed after a fire broke out in a pizza oven system Sunday.

The fire started just before 11 a.m. as employees of Paisan’s, located on the 100 block of West Wilson Street, prepared to open for lunch service, according to the Madison Fire Department.

Although the fire was quickly extinguished, it caused about $100,000 in damages. No injuries were reported.

Paisan’s initially believed it would reopen Tuesday. However, the fire caused more damage than originally thought, and will be closed for “at least a couple more days,” according to the establishment’s Facebook page.

They directed customers with any questions or concerns about restaurant and catering reservations to their sister restaurant, Porta Bella Italian Restaurant, located on the 400 block of North Frances Street.

The restaurant, which has been open for 65 years, celebrated its ninth anniversary at its current location Sept. 1.

Support your local paper
Donate Today
The Daily Cardinal has been covering the University and Madison community since 1892. Please consider giving today.

Powered by SNworks Solutions by The State News
All Content © 2024 The Daily Cardinal