Alpha Epsilon Pi fraternity terminated for suspension violations

UW-Madison’s chapter of the Alpha Epsilon Pi fraternity was terminated Wednesday following multiple consecutive suspensions, according to a university release.

A March report to the Committee on Student Organizations alleged the fraternity, during several semester-long suspensions caused by previous violations of student organization policy, violated the terms of its suspension by hosting unpermitted events.

An investigation by the committee revealed the fraternity intentionally violated its suspension terms, leading to a committee vote to terminate the chapter as a registered student organization.

The termination will last at least two years, under which the fraternity will lose all student organization rights and privileges, including the ability to host events on campus.

"The repeated offenses and multiple violations by Alpha Epsilon Pi fraternity are inexcusable and inappropriate in accordance with the values of the Interfraternity Council at UW-Madison," Conner Feldman, executive president of the council, said in the release. "Fraternity accountability is vital to the community so that those who follow the rules have something of value."