Madison Area Technical College Truax Campus goes into lockdown

Update (5:56 p.m.): Police found and arrested the suspect later in the afternoon, and are not looking for any other suspects at this point in time, Lt. Kelly Donahue wrote in an update.  

The Madison Area Technical College Truax Campus went into lockdown Friday afternoon between 1:15 and 1:30 p.m. after reports of a gunman nearby at an Interstate Blood and Plasma location, according to MATC Manager of Public Relations Cary Heyer and a Madison Police Department incident report.

“Shortly before 1:30 p.m. we issued the WolfPack alert to alert campus of the incident across the street,” Heyer said. “We just got notice at about [2:10 p.m.] from the Madison Police Department to issue the all-clear for this area.”

The suspect then fled the scene, located at 3521 Anderson St. The single victim in the incident suffered a non-life threatening injury from a bullet accidentally discharged by a gun, according to police.

At this time, police do not believe the suspect threatened any people in the area or entered the schools that went into lockdown, MPD Public Information Officer Joel DeSpain wrote in the report.