Police seeking connection in string of armed robberies

A knife-wielding man robbed the Paisley Hair Studio located on 1941 University Ave. Wednesday evening, according to a Madison Police Department report.

The Paisley Hair Salon robber, armed with a knife, got away with cash after “terrifying” employees. A worker who said she was pushed and also said the man was swining the knife erratically, according to the report.

After a colleague shouted the location of the money, the perpetrator grabbed it and escaped, according to MPD spokesperson, Joel DeSpain.

The MPD is currently looking at similarities between this crime and other recent armed robberies in the greater Madison area.

“We don’t know these cases are connected, but we see similarities in the two robberies that have taken place at the Tobacco Outlet on East Washington Avenue, a pre-played robbery on Mineral Point Road and a few similar cases in Middleton,” DeSpain said. “We are concerned that the person or persons, if it is a pattern, seems to be escalating in the level of violence.”

Each case involves either one or two aggressive white males wearing bandanas.

“We have victims who are being physically grabbed or pushed by the aggressive perpetrators,” DeSpain said. “This type of violence associated with robberies is not something we commonly see.”

The MPD will continue the investigation but anyone with information is encouraged to contact Crime Stoppers at 608-266-6014.