Women's Tennis: Wisconsin to host Big Ten foes this weekend

The Badgers (2-1 Big Ten, 7-4 overall) finished their Big Ten weekend with wins over Nebraska (0-3, 7-6), who has dropped four straight matches, and Iowa (1-2, 8-6), who is on a three-match losing streak.

With her 12th straight win, sophomore Lauren Chypyha helped Wisconsin capture its second straight Big Ten win of the season.

Chypyha improved to 23-5 overall on the season and is 2-0 in Big Ten conference play.

Wisconsin is 6-4 in its last 10 matches with its last loss coming in a 4-3 decision against Minnesota (3-0, 13-3).

This loss came at Nielsen Tennis Stadium in Madison which allowed the Gophers to improve to 5-0 on the road this season.

The last 10 games scheduled for UW women’s tennis are against conference foes. No. 15 Michigan (3-0, 11-3) and No. 9 Northwestern (3-0, 9-3) are the only remaining opponents who are currently ranked in the top 25 nationwide.

Northwestern has been the premier team in the conference in recent years, as the Wildcats have won 14 of the last 15 Big Ten championships.

However, the Badgers will not play Northwestern until April 19. This weekend, Wisconsin faces Indiana (1-2, 13-5) Thursday and Purdue (1-2, 5-7) Sunday. Both matches will take place at home.