James White

Live updates from the Wisconsin-Indiana football game

First Quarter

The Badgers lead Indiana 20-0 after one quarter.

After a booming opening kickoff for Wisconsin, Indiana quarterback Nate Sudfeld tossed a long ball into the wet, windy Camp Randall air and freshman cornerback Sojourn Shelton came down with it, giving Wisconsin the ball at its own seven yard line.

On the Badgers first play from scrimmage senior running back James White broke free on a run up the middle, going 93 yards to set an early tone. 

Just two plays from scrimmage later redshirt senior Brendan Kelly came up with a Hoosier fumble, and this time it took three plays for the Badgers to find the end zone, this time on a one-yard run from redshirt sophomore running back Melvin Gordon, to put the score at 14-0.

Indiana's offensive woes continued with a botched snap on second down, giving the Hoosiers a 26-yard deficit that was ultimately too much to handle. 

The ensuing Wisconsin drive ended with a 31-yard field goal for sophomore kicker Jack Russell, his third in the last two games.

Another three-and-out for the Badgers' defense would give Wisconsin the ball on the Indiana 41, leading to another field goal from Russell and a score of 20-0.

The struggles for IU's offense continued, with just 13 rushing yards and 37 passing yards coming in the first quarter.

Second Quarter

The Badgers lead Indiana 27-0 after two quarters of play.

The Badgers had to punt for the first time Saturday early in the second quarter, but were able to sustain a drive the second time around, finally finding the end zone on a jet sweet from redshirt senior wide receiver Jared Abbrederis.

White exploded for 71 yards on nine carries in the second quarter, rushing for about half of Wisconsin's total of 356 yards.

In 36 quarters of play this year, Indiana has been held scoreless in just three, and the last time the Hoosiers didn't score in the first half of a game was Sept. 29, 2012, when IU lost in its Big Ten opener against Northwestern, 44-29.

Third Quarter

The Badgers lead Indiana 37-3 after three quarters of play. 

Wisconsin opted to receive the ball in the second half, and on just the third play from scrimmage, redshirt sophomore quarterback Joel Stave let loose a 61-yard bomb to redshirt senior Jacob Pedersen, bringing Wisconsin to the Indiana 2 yard line. The Badgers, however, would have to settle for their third field goal of the day, putting them up 30-0.

Indiana finally strung together a drive seven minutes into the second half, getting to the one-yard line before stalling out.

Junior linebacker Derek Landisch stood up Hoosier running back D'Angelo Roberts at the goal line before a delay of game penalty forced Indiana to kick a field goal, finally putting IU on the board 30-3 with 6:30 left in the third quarter.

Abbrederis, normally a standout receiver, had not caught a pass at the end of the third quarter, but found his way into the end zone on a 49-yard misdirection play with 10 seconds left in the quarter, getting his second touchdown on just his third rush of the game.

Fourth Quarter

Freshman running back Corey Clement found his way onto the scoreboard early in the fourth quarter as well, breaking through multiple tackles on a run up the middle to score from 19 out and give the Badgers a 44-3 lead.