Fake News Friday: Sandy Coalition thinks hurricane was bad for people named Sandy

After several days of media pressure to speak out about the current issues in the Northeast, a panel of prominent Sandys made public statements Thursday about the Sandy community’s reaction to Hurricane Sandy.

Sandra Bullock, president of the Sandy Coalition of America (SCA) and beloved Hollywood superstar, said the greater Sandy community does not condone Hurricane Sandy’s actions.

“We understand that [Sandy’s] actions have been devastating,” Bullock said. “What she is doing is wrong. She’s hit America right on its blind side, and that certainly won’t be winning her any Miss Congeniality awards.”

Still, the panel said American people needed to better understand the hurricane’s plight.

“Look, I know what she’s going through,” said SCA vice president Sandy Cheeks.

“I’m not sayin’ it’s right for her to be kickin’ the east coast’s butt like this, but you have to acknowledge that she had her reasons for needing to shake things up. I don’t know nothin’ about politics or nothin’, but I think a little mercy for Sandy would be right nice of y’all.”

Other members of the panel were not as sympathetic to Sandy’s actions.

“I think she’d better shape up,” said panel chairperson Pink Lady Sandy Olsson. “I’m hopelessly devoted to this country these days and I think it’s ever so rude of Sandy to be behaving this way and causing all this damage. It reflects profoundly on all of us Sandys.”

The panel answered some questions from reporters but mostly maintained their position.

“We just hope America will remember that the actions of one of our Sandy sistren does not reflect our community as a whole,” said Bullock.

Hurricane Sandy is currently in the Bering Sea and could not be reached for comment.