Camp Randall Classic

The Badgers defeated the Michigan Wolverines 3-2 in an outdoor game at Camp Randall Stadium Feb. 6, 2010.

Men's Hockey: Badgers to play at Soldier Field in 2013

The Wisconsin men’s hockey team has officially signed on to play rival Minnesota in an outdoor game at Soldier Field in Chicago next February, according to a report from the Wisconsin State Journal Thursday.

Andy Baggot reports that UW Athletic Department officials have signed a contract with Illinois event promotion company InterSport to take part in a regional college hockey outdoor doubleheader Feb. 17, 2013 at Soldier Field.

The Badgers will face off with the WCHA rival Golden Gophers, and CCHA rivals Miami (Ohio) and Notre Dame will play in the second game that day.

The Wisconsin-Minnesota match-up will be the back end of a regularly scheduled WCHA series. The first game of the series will take place Feb. 15 at the Kohl Center before the teams travel to Chicago for the outdoor series finale Sunday.

This will be the third outdoor game in Wisconsin men’s hockey program history. The Badgers previously played Ohio State at Lambeau Field in 2006 and against Michigan at Camp Randall Stadium in 2010.