Men's Golf: Badgers in 15th after two days at Bulls Bay Intercollegiate

The Wisconsin men’s golf team shot a 10-over par 298 in the second round of the Hootie at Bulls Bay Intercollegiate at Bulls Bay Golf Club Monday in Awendaw, S.C.

No. 3 Auburn leads the field by seven at 16-under par 285-275--560. Its blistering 13-under-par 275 Monday is the best team score of the tournament.

Texas A&M junior Cameron Peck has finished both rounds in red figures and leads the field individually at seven-under-par 70-67—137.

The Badgers are the only Big Ten team playing in the 15-team event, which features four of the nation’s top 25 teams, according to Golfweek’s rankings.

Junior Chris Meyer on Tuesday posted the best round of the event for Wisconsin with a one-under-par 71. His 36-hole score of 148 leads the Badgers and puts him in a tie for 43rd individually.

Wisconsin’s roster this season comprises six underclassmen and no seniors. While it might not be the most experienced team, head coach Michael Burcin has to be pleased with the performance of freshman Thomas O’Bryan.

O’Bryan opened with a team best, one-over-par 73 and followed with a four-over 76 Monday.

Junior Anthony Aicher bounced back from an opening round 77 with a one-over par 73, and sophomore John Gullberg showed improvement from his opening-round 85 with a 10-over-par 82 Monday.

Wisconsin sits in 15th place at 599 but is just two shots behind Wake Forest and four behind College of Charleston.

The Badgers will look to move up the leader board in the final round of the 54-hole event Tuesday.

UWBadgers.com contributed to this report.