Fake News Friday: Bucks lament end of lockout

Although the ending of the NBA lockout was met with joy by players, owners and fans alike, it was met with horror by the administration and fan base of the Milwaukee Bucks. The thought of another miserable season at the league’s bottom has already prompted widespread protests from every facet of the organization.

“This was going to be our year, the greatest year for the Bucks in recent history,” star Bucks point guard Brandon Jennings said in a radio interview.

“For once we wouldn’t have to worry about Andrew Bogut being a waste of a No. 1 overall pick or the fact that for some reason we continue to keep Earl Boykins around in some kind of sick joke on him and our fans.”

Jennings expressed extreme anxiety over the upcoming season, one he claims “should never see the light of day.”

“We could finally relax,” Jennings said. “Now we have to hit the court again and watch even the Minnesota Timberwolves begin to dominate us. Seriously, the Timberwolves!”

Jennings then began an expletive-laden rant that ended in a soft crying spell when he realized the lockout had not managed to cancel either of the Bucks’ two games with the Miami Heat.

Fans have already begun a grassroots initiative to end the Bucks’ season prematurely through a combination of picket lines and  ticket boycotts.

John Karr, a protest leader and Wausau native, explained the group’s thought process.

“Maybe, just maybe, we can stop another season from happening in Milwaukee,” Karr said. “The incompetence of the league and union executives has helped immensely. That’s 16 games already taken down. I know with the hard work and determination the state of Wisconsin is known for, we can finish the job.”

Thursday evening, the Toronto Raptors, Cleveland Cavaliers and Sacramento Kings released a joint statement expressing support for the Buck’s initiative.