Regents OK higher pay for next chancellor

chancellor_pay: The UW System Board of Regents approved salary range increases for the next UW-Madison chancellor and others.

In an effort to attract the most qualified candidates to be the next UW-Madison chancellor, the UW System Board of Regents unanimously approved Friday a salary range increase for the position. 

Effective July 1, the next chancellor's salary will be between $370,000 and $452,000. The change has no effect on Chancellor John Wiley's current salary of $327,400, which is one of the lowest chancellor salaries among peer institutions. 

Chancellors at UW System four-year campuses and UW System President Kevin Reilly also received salary range adjustments.  

The UW System is currently searching for chancellors at UW-Madison, UW-Whitewater and UW-Parkside. 

Reilly said in his three and a half years as president, he has hired five chancellors at UW System schools.  

With hard work and a bit of luck in these three new chancellor searches '¦ I will have hired eight chancellors before completing four years as president - and we only have 14