Fake News Friday: Witte burns, freshman celebrate

Witte Residence Hall burned down in a freak fire early Thursday morning. No residents or staff were injured.

Multiple fire alarms went off at 615 W. Johnson St. around 2:30 a.m. on Thursday, Oct 19. All six of the residents in the building at the time were evacuated safely despite the layers of vomit and Keystone that had started to gelatinize on several flights of stairs.

"It was actually pretty easy to get everyone out quickly," Witte house fellow Hillary Rennigan said. "We just told them that there were free shots out on the street."

Investigators are still trying to determine the source of the fire, although many speculate that university officials set it purposely because they couldn't stand the sight of the shithole anymore.

Despite this unfortunate event, Witte residents seem to be pleased with the outcome of the incident.

"My only question is why didn't this happen sooner?" freshman Witte resident Benjamin Mooring. "It looks better now than it did before the fire."Sellery residents have been crowding the site for the past 12 hours trying to get a glimpse of what was formerly known as "Shitty Witte."

"To tell you the truth, I'm actually kind of jealous," Sellery resident Adam Merhelm said.

There are reports of residents of Elizabeth Waters also trying to leave their dorm to visit the scene of the renovations, but they keep getting lost on the way out.

Witte residents will not be allowed to live in the new building until health inspectors examine the facility. In the meantime, students will be able to sleep on sheets of cardboard clustered together on the sidewalk. Officials said they hope that this will help the residents feel as comfortable as they did in the old building.