Celebrating the worst of 2008 in style

The Oscars are coming up this Sunday, and the stars are ready to align. Soon we will find out whether Slumdog Millionaire"" will strike it rich, or perhaps ""The Curious Case of Benjamin Button"" will cast some ""Doubt"" on the award? Puns aside, I'm glad the Oscars will finally be over so the media can focus on the award show that truly matters: the Razzies. 

Formally known as the Golden Raspberry Awards, the show ridicules the year's worst films. Frankly, these awards are 10 times more fun than the Oscars. After all, it really is that much more enjoyable to make fun of people rather than stiffly standing around and pretending to honor them.  

This year is no different, as the worst picture nominees are as formidably bad as ever. ""Disaster Movie"" is collectively nominated with ""Meet the Spartans."" According to John Wilson, the man who runs the Razzies, the explanation for bundling the movies into one nomination was ""two movies jointly nominated for sharing one berry badly beaten dead horse of a concept!"" This free-wheeling, fun style of nominations is what buoyed the Razzies from their creation in Wilson's basement in 1980 to the popular event it is today. Luckily for Wilson, people enjoy celebrating the worst of Hollywood. 

Some celebrities even go so far as to show up and accept their Worst Actor trophies. In 1987, Bill Cosby accepted his three Razzies for ""Leonard Part 6