Palin to visit city Saturday

Former vice- presidential candidate Sarah Palin will come to Madison Saturday to deliver the keynote address at a Tea Party Rally at the Capitol, Americans For Prosperity announced Thursday.

""Governor Palin is a strong voice for taxpayers and for reforming government to make it more accountable,"" Wisconsin AFP director Matt Seaholm said in the announcement. ""She doesn't pull punches and is one of the most influential and followed commentators in politics today.""

Palin's appearance comes at a time when Gov. Scott Walker's budget repair law is facing legal challenges and a handful of Republican state senators are likely to be up for recall elections. Palin has yet to make a statement on her visit.

Palin will be joined by talk-show host James T. Harris and John Fund, a columnist for The Wall Street Journal.  Vocalist Chuck Day will also be performing.

The Autonomous Solidarity Organization released a statement saying they will be hosting a simultaneous event starting at 11 a.m. in protest of the tea party rally.

""The workers of Wisconsin will stand together this Saturday to have our voices heard, educate the misled members of the Tea Party and show everyone once again what democracy truly looks like,"" the ASO statement read.

The Tax Day Tea Party Rally will take place between noon and 2 p.m. Saturday at the Capitol.