Kratz will not be charged

After resigning from his post and dominating local media last fall, the infamous ""sexting"" Calumet County District Attorney Kenneth Kratz will not face criminal charges from the state.

""Our prosecutors have concluded that they can not prove beyond a reasonable doubt that he committed a specific violation of a criminal law,"" Attorney General J.B. Van Hollen's spokesperson Bill Cosh said in a statement.

Kratz was accused by several women of committing various acts of sexual harassment and misconduct. Included in the accusations were accounts of bringing a woman to an autopsy and sending inappropriate texts to Stephanie Van Groll, a domestic abuse victim he was representing at the time.

The Wisconsin Coalition Against Domestic Violence and the Wisconsin Coalition Against Sexual Assault lamented the decision by the Department of Justice not to move forward as a sign that the state is not doing enough to protect abuse victims' rights.

""Because of this appalling case, the public learned that the state is unable to hold officials accountable, even when they flagrantly violate victims' rights. When victims do not have confidence in the system, they remain silent, continue to suffer and abusers go unidentified,"" the WCADV and WCASA said in a joint statement.