College Fashionista: Let your legs do the talking around campus

college fashionista: This UW-Madison student dons flashy tights to combat fall blahs.

As Madison Fashionistas, we walk everywhere: Back and forth to classes, here to meet a friend for coffee, there to do homework at the Union, back to our apartments, and then out again to grab whatever it was that we forgot to get at Walgreens earlier. God forbid Bascom Hill comes between you and your destination. The walking never seems to end. This was the biggest adjustment for me when I came to Madison last year. I would lay in bed at the end of the night, my muscles aching and burning, wondering what I had gotten myself into. Now that my apparently wimpy little legs have accumulated some muscle, I haven't gone to bed in pain for quite some time, yet I still take into consideration the amount of walking I'll be doing when I get dressed in the morning. It's easy to go with jeans and flats everyday, but a Fashionista has got to unleash her creativity sometimes! That's where brightly colored tights come in. Draw attention to your hardworking legs in a fun and exciting way!

This Fashionista has mastered the concept with one of my favorite ensembles seen in Madison in some time. Her look is fun and sassy, but totally pulled together and chic. Every piece in her look is bold and stands on its own, but her completely opaque, bright red tights definitely take center stage as the focal point of her ensemble. Her look can be broken down quite easily into a simple equation; pair a neutral colored, bold silhouetted jacket or cape with a simple skirt that discreetly contains many colors, including the same one as your bold and crazy opaque tights. Finish your outfit off with neutral and totally practical boots, and you're good to go.

Your legs will gladly take you wherever you need to go in an ensemble like this. They'll feel as if they're getting a break from walking, because in bold tights, they're doing all of the talking!

For more, check out University of Wisconsin-Madison's CollegeFashionsta page at: http://www.collegefashionista.com/school/university_of_wisconsin/.