Architect firm selected to design new UW-Madison School of Music

Representatives from the Division of State Facilities, UW System, UW-Madison School of Music and other campus offices have selected an architect firm to design the new School of Music performance center.

The firm, Holzman Moss Bottino Architecture, is from New York City, but has a Wisconsin based firm, Strang Inc.

The representatives chose the firm out of four finalists after viewing a presentation by each.

The performance center will feature rehearsal rooms and two concert halls, which will sit 350 and 800 people.

Holzman Moss Bottino Architecture specializes in designing civic, cultural and academic buildings. The firm has designed over 30 student life facilities since its founding in 1935.

Some of the firm's works include the Georgetown University Performing Arts Center, the American Ballet Theater in New York and Middlebury College Center for the Arts.

Local projects include the design of the American Players Theatre in Spring Green, WI and the renovation of the Mineral Point Opera House.