ALRC grants new Bistro and Pub an alcohol license

The Alcohol License Review Committee granted Baldwin Bistro and Pub an alcohol license Wednesday.

Pug Mahones, a bar, previously occupied the space at 1304 East Washington.

Scott Ehrlinger said his vision for the space was ""a 180 from the previous establishment.""

Ehrlinger said there will be a ""full kitchen with fresh, local food and a seasonal menu that would cater to local businesses for lunch.""

Dylan Bryne, a resident of the area for four years, said he was in support of the new pub.

""I'm very excited about business being back in my neighborhood and to have a place to grab a burger after work,"" Bryne said.

Madison resident and Bryne's neighbor Matt Krueger said he agreed with Bryne.

""I look forward very much to an establishment that is an amenity to the neighborhood and not a detriment,"" Krueger said.

Krueger also spoke about the previous problems nearby residents had with Pug Mahones.

""Arguments and loitering were particularly annoying,"" Krueger said.

Ald. Bridget Maniaci, Dist. 2, said she was in full support of the pub. Maniaci said she had been working with Ehrlinger to finalize his plans and was confident that the new establishment would be an asset to the neighborhood.

""There is a real need of viable businesses in this area,"" Maniaci said. ""I have full faith in the operational capacity of the applicant.""

Sconnie Bar and Retro Tavern, two controversial alcohol license requests, were both referred for the third time to a future ALRC meeting.