Knetter recognized through $5.4 million in alumni donations

Dean Michael Knetter was honored for his work with the UW-Madison School of Business during a Homecoming event for alumni Friday.

The Wisconsin Naming Partnership raised $5.4 million to praise Knetter's accomplishments.

The Wisconsin Naming Partnership, which a group of 13 alumni founded in 2007, raises money to ensure the UW School of Business is not renamed for an individual because of their donations. Funds from the partnership aim to keep the business school without an individual's name for at least 20 years.

Knetter's membership in the Wisconsin Naming Partnership brought the total money earned through the partnership to $95.4 million.

Knetter was named dean of the UW-Madison School of Business in July of 2002. He was appointed as the president and CEO of the UW Foundation in July of 2010, and will begin work there starting October 16.

""We have made great progress as a school these past eight years and that will have a lasting impact on future generations of business and community leaders,"" Knetter said. ""In the process, I feel very fortunate to have made many new friends and colleagues and am pleased that I will continue to work with them in my new role at the UW Foundation.""