Horror movies that will scare you halfway to hell this Halloween season

Let Me In: ?Let Me In? is based on the Swedish film ?Let the Right One In.? Although it is more of a thriller than a horror film, its elegance will help to kick off the Halloween season right.

As the calendar changes to October, it signifies the arrival of fall and, more importantly, the start of the Halloween season. This means pumpkins, costumes and scary movies will be the means of entertainment for the next 31 days. Whether or not you are a fan of scary movies, it's worth seeing at least one of the following films to get yourself in the Halloween spirit.

""Let Me In""

Anticipated Release Date: Oct. 1

""Let Me In"" is a fitting film to kick off the Halloween season as it is sure to be classic. Based on the novel and Swedish film ""Let the Right One In,"" the remake features the dynamic relationship between a 12-year-old vampire girl and a loner boy. Murder numbers start to pile up in their small town and the line between friend and enemy is blurred between them. The film offers a little something different than the typical scary movie clichés. It might not be the scariest film of October, but it will show how scary movies can be elegant instead of cheap.

""Case 39""

Anticipated Release Date: Oct. 1

""Case 39"" tells the story of a child followed by spirits that are trying to kill her. Renee Zellweger stars in the film, taking the child in and trying to help her lead a normal life. This film is likely to be very bland and unoriginal. The story isn't one that will stimulate the mind, and considering Zellweger has not put forth decent acting since ""Empire Records,"" the acting is sure to be equally lackluster.

""My Soul to Take""

Anticipated Release Date: Oct. 8

The highly anticipated ""My Soul To Take"" marks the first time Wes Craven has both written and directed a movie in over 15 years. It is about a boy born on the same day a serial killer was killed, a phenomenon that somehow connects seven teens. The ghost of the serial killer begins to haunt these teens, and one by one they all die, sparking an intense fight for survival. This film could be a hit or miss, but given Wes Craven's resume, it is definitely worth a watch for anyone who enjoys some bloody fun.

""Buried""

Anticipated Release Date: Oct. 8

""Buried"" stars Mr. Van Wilder himself, Ryan Reynolds. The film has already generated some buzz, with many believing it'll be a quality horror film. The story follows Reynolds, who wakes up to find himself buried alive with only his phone, a knife and a lighter. He soon finds out he has been taken hostage, and as he fights for his life, the unknown twisted story becomes more apparent. ""Buried"" is more of a thriller than horror film, but will ultimately leave audiences uneasy.

""Paranormal Activity 2""

Anticipated Release Date: Oct. 22

The original ""Paranormal Activity"" received buzz for its ability to terrify audiences. Many of the film's details have been kept under wraps, but it is likely the film will be little more than an eerie continuation of its predecessor. For anyone who found the original to be as terrifying as it was cheaply made, this is a must see.

""Saw 3D""

Anticipated Release Date: Oct. 29

""Saw 3D"" will be released just in time for Halloween. This edition will be the seventh and final film in the ""Saw"" saga. This film is expected to answer all of the questions the other six films have raised and end the story for good. For those who've remained dedicated to the series through all of its installments, the movie cannot be missed. For anyone who gave up a long time ago, there is likely no harm in passing, but it does give everyone an excellent excuse to start to follow the series. There is nothing like buckets of blood in 3D to conclude the Halloween season.