Letter to the Editor: Article neglects satisfied MPM tenants' views

Madison Property Management manages significantly more downtown Madison units than any other management company and has had thousands of very happy residents over the past 20 years in business. Many of the units managed by MPM are older homes and flats that require extra attention and pose unique challenges relative to utility charges and the allocation between landlord and tenant. The vocal minority who are displeased with their interactions with MPM will always speak louder than the nonvocal majority with nothing but praise. MPM prides itself on treating all tenants fairly and with respect. We respond to and investigate each and every complaint or issue raised by our tenants. Unfortunately, as with any type of business, mistakes are made, and when they occur, MPM acknowledges the mistake and learns from it. Every year a significant portion of our residents are so satisfied with their experience that they choose to renew their lease for another year or transfer to a different property managed by MPM. This renewal and transfer rate is the true measure of tenant satisfaction. 

In our opinion the author of this article (editor's note: The series ""The Cardinal investigates ... Madison Property Management"") went to great lengths to research all possible ways to discredit MPM rather than do an independent investigation and look at both sides of each tenant's story. In addition, many of the instances in this report have been exaggerated or embellished for the benefit of creating a more controversial article. 

—Madison Property Management