Badgers end regular season with a bang

Wisconsin seniors Marcus Landry, Joe Krabbenhoft, Kevin Gullikson and Morris Cain bid farewell to the Kohl Center in style last night, receiving standing ovations throughout the game. 

It was fitting sign of respect and gratitude toward the seniors who, over the last four years, helped turn the Kohl Center into one of the most feared home courts in the Big Ten and all of college basketball. 

In front of the permanently sold out crowds, the foursome surrendered only seven home court losses. They also helped keep intact UW head coach Bo Ryan's flawless home record against unranked conference opponents by increasing the streak to 49 games. 

As a class, the four played in some of the most exciting moments in school history. They were a part of Wisconsin's first No. 1 national ranking, as well as notable Kohl Center wins over a No. 2 Pittsburgh team and a No. 5 Ohio State team. 

During the 2007-'08 season, they contributed to two school records, achieving 16 Big Ten wins and 31 overall wins. All four also had the privilege of being part of the first Wisconsin team to win both the Big Ten regular season and tournament championships. 

The win over Indiana gave the seniors a career record of 99-34 (.744), quietly making them one of the winningest classes in UW history. 

Krabbenhoft ended his career at the Kohl Center with a collegiate-high 19 points. He also passed former Badger Sean Daugherty by pulling down four offensive rebounds and moved into the top four in Wisconsin history. 

Krabbenhoft said he felt nostalgic when the team watched the farewell video after the game. 

""[I've] played with a lot of great guys and it's just been a dream come true and I'm just happy to know everyone, and have a good time, win a lot of games and win a couple championships,"" he said. ""I guess when people think of me, if they ever do, I'd like them to think of a guy who always tried to help the team win."" 

Marcus Landry's composure helped him put up a balanced performance of seven points, seven rebounds and six assists in his last home game. The pre-season All-Big Ten pick hasn't disappointed this season. Heading into the Big Ten tournament this weekend he leads the team, averaging 12.1 points a game. 

Former walk-on Kevin Gullikson ended his career at the Kohl Center with one of his best games this year, scoring seven points, and the crowd erupted when Morris Cain knocked down his lone jumper from the elbow. 

Landry jumped about as high as the student section when Cain drained the shot. 

""It was his dream to play Division I basketball and he got that chance being here,"" Landry said. ""Whether you play a lot or a little bit, it's a great accomplishment to be a part of something to walk away and have a Big Ten championship. I know he's going to take it in, and that shot, it just sent it over the edge."" 

But the season doesn't end with the win over Indiana. Landry realizes he and the other seniors still have to prepare the team for the Big Ten tournament this weekend. He still thinks they have work to do. 

""We need to do a better job of stepping up and really teaching the younger guys what they'll be getting into,"" Landry said. ""This will be their first time in March playing Division I basketball, and they don't know how tough it can be. We, as seniors and upperclassmen, really have to do a good job of relaying the message to those guys."" 

The seniors succeeded in turning a tough season in to a winning one, and now with post-season play up next it only gives them another chance at showcasing the team's talent.