Police release sketch of Langdon mugging suspect
Andrea Bach-Y-Rita - Bartender, Ryan Baron -- other guy, possibly owner?

Police released a suspect sketch Thursday in the search for a man who robbed a UW-Madison junior at gunpoint outside her sorority house earlier in the week.  

The incident occurred Monday at about 11:10 p.m. outside the Kappa Alpha Theta house at 108 Langdon St. According to a Madison Police Department report, the 20-year-old victim was walking in a parking lot near the sorority house when two men approached her. The pair demanded money as one of the men pointed a gun before making off with the victim's cash and laptop computer. 

Police described the first perpetrator as a black male in his early to mid 20s, 5'10\ with a large build, wearing a black sweatshirt with the hood up and dark pants. The second perpetrator, who is depicted in the sketch, is described as a black male, 18 to 20 years old, 5'6"" with an average build with small to medium Afro-style hair. He was last seen wearing a black zip-up hooded sweatshirt and dark pants. 

The incident follows a string of recent armed robberies plaguing the downtown area, which police believe to be targeted at UW-Madison students, faculty and staff. MPD public information officer Joel DeSpain acknowledged that police are investigating similarities between the Langdon Street incident and other robberies, but said there is currently not enough information to connect the crimes. 

Amid calls from students' concerned parents, DeSpain said the MPD is working vigorously to find the perpetrators responsible for the robberies. He said a veteran Central District detective is handling the Langdon case and a number of other detectives continue to investigate the other robberies. 

""This is a priority for us to figure out who's committing these robberies downtown,"" DeSpain said.  

The recent robbery prompted the Offices of the Dean of Students to urge students to use SAFE Nighttime Services for late-night transportation and to give up valuables if confronted by a robber.