Badger Crime Alert notifies students of man exposing himself, masturbating in Van Vleck

The University of Wisconsin Police Department released a Badger Crime Watch Alert Nov. 12 after a man was seen exposing himself in Van Vleck Hall to students walking up the eastbound side of Bascom Hill the evening before. 

The two girls who reported the incident said they saw the man masturbating inside the north facing entrance to the building at the glass doorway on level B1. 

Officials described the perpetrator as a white male between 50-60 years old who is approximately 5'11', thinly built with short brown hair. 

According to UWPD, the man wore a brimmed cloth hat, faded purple sweatpants and a green faded sweatshirt.  

UWPD Sgt. Jason Whitney said police completed normal protocol after hearing of the event, which consists of posting flyers and adding officers in patrolling around the surrounding area. 

UWPD are asking students to contact the department if they saw anyone matching the description of the perpetrator Nov. 11. Students can contact UWPD at 608-264-2677, or in person at 1429 Monroe St. 

Students can also contact Central Campus Community Officer Kristin Radtke in her office in the Preschool Building by Agricultural Hall or by phone at 608-265-6753 and 608-219-1353. 

According to Whitney, officials do not know if the man is linked to a similar incident, which occurred in Humanities Oct. 27.