badger fans

Donors to UW athletics who were considering upgrading their donation level will no longer have a chance at prizes after the department nixed the plan because of tax purposes. The athletic department did say, however, that each donor who upgrades will get "a special token of appreciation."

Charter to show football opener on Big Ten Network

Nearly a year after the launch of the Big Ten Network, Charter Communications customers will be able to watch Badger sports broadcast on the network from their home televisions.  

The wait for the channel ended Thursday as BTN programming went live on Charter's expanded basic cable system, in time for Saturday's home football season opener against the Akron Zips. An agreement to offer the channel was reached Wednesday. 

Charter is the third major cable provider to reach an agreement with the network in the last month, following Comcast and Time Warner. 

Charter is pleased that an agreement 'in principle' to offer the Big Ten Network to our customers has been reached,"" Charter spokesperson John Miller said in a statement. ""We believe this agreement is in the best interests of all Charter customers and look forward to an exciting season of Big Ten sports."" 

Charter expanded basic cable customers can watch the game on Charter channel 73, or on Charter HD channel 795. UW-Madison's ResNet, the television system in student housing and other campus buildings, and the Digital Academic Television Network have included BTN since its launch and will also broadcast the game this weekend.