UW students audition for 'Jeopardy!'

Jeopardy!, America's Favorite Quiz Show"" came to the UW-Madison campus Thursday to audition students for the College Championship taping at the Kohl Center April 11 to 12.  

Students lined up outside the Great Hall of the Memorial Union to earn the chance to appear on the game show.  

The first 1,000 students in line had the opportunity to take a 10-question written test in order to pass the first round. Those who passed the written exam moved onto the second round, which consisted of 50 multiple choice questions that include a broad range of topics. Those who passed the second round then moved to the final round in which they completed a mock Jeopardy game.  

UW-Madison senior Robert Erdmann was one of the lucky students to pass the first round. 

""I was a huge fan of the show in high school and after I found out there was auditions, I knew that I needed to come down here and give it a shot. I was really excited when I heard about it,"" he said.  

According to Erdmann, the test was not as easy as people think. 

""I felt it was hard because you need to have such a broad understanding of things. Each question is not obvious but I think that if you have a good broad education and have exposed yourself with a lot of things, you will do well,"" Erdmann said.