Lady Badgers split road series

The Wisconsin women's soccer team (3-2-1) finished its weekend on the road with a split, falling to No. 17 Brigham Young (4-0-1) Friday night and defeating Northern Arizona (3-1-2) Sunday afternoon. 

Wisconsin junior Tricia Krombach netted a game winning goal with eight minutes left in Sunday's game, snapping Northern Arizona's five game unbeaten streak with a final score of 1-0. This was Krombach's first goal as a Badger and Wisconsin's first shot on goal during the game. 

NAU goalkeeper Elizabeth Winkelblech had a shutout streak of over 513 minutes prior to the goal. 

With all her shutout minutes, we knew we were going to have to play really well,"" Wilkins added. ""For us, we just created a scramble near the box that created the opportunity."" 

Winkelblech and Wisconsin's junior goalkeeper Jamie Klages each tallied four saves in the game. Wisconsin put five shots-on-goal, just one more than NAU. 

""We are really excited for the win,"" Wilkins said. ""It was a hard road trip for us in terms of travel and two quality opponents, but we are happy with how our players performed today."" 

The Badgers needed Sunday's victory to keep their spirits high after Friday's 1-0 loss to undefeated BYU.  

Wisconsin sophomores Whitney Owusu and Stephanie Krombach were the only two Badgers to take shots-on-goal for the Badgers. BYU, on the other hand, had 14 shots-on-goal. 

Even though Wisconsin launched seven corner kicks in the first 45 minutes of play compared to BYU's one, the Cougars took over offensively in the second half. It was not until the 63rd minute, however, that BYU scored its only goal of the game, coming from junior forward Katie Larkin. This was Larkin's third game winning goal of the season. 

Klages recorded five saves and BYU goalkeeper Erika Woodbury gathered one save during the game. Woodbury is one of 13 goalies in the nation to not allow a single goal scored this season. 

Wisconsin will return home to face UW-Milwaukee at the McClimon Soccer Complex this Friday. 

- uwbadgers.com contributed to this report.