UW taps Chicago clinician for UHS spot

UW-Madison has appointed the director of the University of Chicago student health center to direct clinical services at University Health Services, the university announced Dec. 7.  

Sarah Van Orman, the medical director of the University of Chicago Student Health Care Center, will assume her duties Feb. 5, 2007 at a salary of $150,000.  

Our candidate search focused on finding an outstanding leader with equally outstanding clinical skills,"" said Kathleen M. Poi, executive director of UHS in the university press release. ""In Sarah, we have found both, along with intelligence and passion. Her strong leadership experience in college health helped distinguish her from an excellent pool of candidates."" 

Orman will replace Poi, who simultaneously occupied the positions of executive director and director of clinical services since February 2006, when former Director of Clinical Services Scott Spear stepped down after being accused of sexual harassment within his department.  

Though an internal investigation cleared Spear of wrongdoing during a paid, two-month sabbatical, he resigned in February 2006.