UW signs recruit

Wisconsin women's basketball head coach Lisa Stone rounded out her third recruiting class with the Badgers Wednesday, announcing the late signing of Rae Lin D'Alie, a 5'-3 point guard from Waterford, Wis. 

D'Alie led her high school team to the WIAA girls state basketball tournament finals and finished her career as the third all-time leading scorer at Waterford High School with 1,003 points. She averaged 15 points, 6.4 assists, 6.3 rebounds and 3.8 steals per game this past season, helping lead Waterford to a 19-4 record. She was also a unanimous selection to the WIAA All-tournament team and set the WIAA D-1 tournament record for assists with 24. 

\I think I have met my match [in terms of energy exuded],"" Stone said. ""I am very impressed with her talents on the court, and her ability to make those around her better. Her stock really went up towards the end of the season and in the state tournament where she had a lot of schools interested in her. We are fortunate she chose to attend Wisconsin."" 

An honor roll student all four years in high school, D'Alie earned first team Associated Press all-state honors as a senior, and was honorable mention as a junior. She was the team MVP the past three years, and earned first team All-Lakeshore Conference honors three years. She was the Lakeshore Conference Player of the Year as a junior and senior, and earned first team All-Racine County those same years. She was named the Racine County Player of the Year in 2006. 

D'Alie is the fourth and final signing of the year. 

-uwbadgers.com contributed to this report. 

\