This Milwaukee band brews a beautiful noise

Milwaukee is becoming a hotbed of noise. The Good Luck Joes, a band that records and resides there, is quickly emerging among the city's elite class of bands breaking out and being recognized on the national scene. The band's talent, musical maturity and youthful enthusiasm are by far the most refreshing to come out of the city.  

This past year, the quintet captured the attention of Chad Fisher, who composed the Garden State\ score and produced The Good Luck Joes' latest album, What Do You Think of That Noise? The record showcases how they are coming into their own and developing a distinct sound—blending rock ‘n' roll and indie pop with a hint of New Wave.  

Their eclectic taste and style shine through on What Do You Think of That Noise?, allowing them to create catchy, upbeat pop tracks, in addition to more sentimental tracks, all of which combine to make a strong, successful album. The songs are incredibly vibrant, incorporating instrumental layers with meaningful, inspirational and contemplative lyrics. The album is exceptionally produced and mastered, as the band pays close attention to minor details. 

What Do You Think of That Noise? starts off incredibly powerful with ""Middle of Me,"" as they quickly build up their sound and explode on piano keys, drums and guitar. The immense wall of sound they build up is exciting—they are not afraid to push the limits of their music, and the lyrics complement the instrumentation perfectly. ""Middle of Me"" sets the stage for an incredibly solid, diverse album, and The Good Luck Joes easily accomplish all the tasks they set out to achieve.  

They continue to build this wall of sound in ""48 Hours."" The track has been revamped from their EP, adding in distorted guitar which gives them a more edgy sound. It accentuates their magnificent songwriting structure and emphasizes their ability to produce tracks that become deep and rich. ""The Sun Explodes,"" ""Best Medicine"" and ""Always Be Around"" maintain this intensity. They touch on similar musical elements but also vary their instruments and approach, exemplifying how versatile and well-rounded they are as musicians and songwriters. 

""Frozen"" and ""Much Too Young"" highlight The Good Luck Joes' knack for writing ballads, giving the album a dynamic, mature feel. The tracks demonstrate their artistry and ability to create such a complex, diverse body of sound. Both resonate with the listener and exude immense emotional passion, as they are molded gently and delicately. 

Perhaps the track that stands out the most is ""Butterflies."" It is here where The Good Luck Joes branch out and experiment with their music, producing more of a glitch-pop sound as they depart from their more rock-oriented edge. This track is brilliant and points to another artistic direction for them.  

What Do You Think of That Noise? wonderfully captures The Good Luck Joes' natural talent and ability to create stunning music, launching them into another musical realm. The ""noise"" they produce on the album holds such a profound appeal among many types of listeners—and the Brew City is lucky to have these lads. It will not be long before their noise will explode and be appreciated on a national level.\