UConn, GT vie for nat'l title

Connecticut's dream is still alive. With its women's basketball team winning the final game last night, the school could win both men's and women's basketball national championships. But if all goes well for junior center Luke Schenscher, the Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets will put that dream to bed tonight. 

Schenscher led Georgia Tech with 19 points and 12 rebounds in Tech's two-point victory over Oklahoma State to advance to the first championship game in school history. His next task will be to stop UConn junior forward Emeka Okafor as the school looks for its first championship since 1999. 

Okafor, considered the premiere big-man in the country, has been hindered for most of the season with back spasms, but proved in the semifinal game that he can dictate games down the stretch. He contributed 18 points and seven rebounds in just 22 minutes Saturday night. 

The game will also feature a battle between guards. Georgia Tech sophomore Jarrett Jack has been pivotal throughout the tournament, while on the other side, UConn junior Ben Gordon has been the perfect compliment to Okafor all year. 

Tonight's final game should conclude what has already been an outstanding Final Four. Will it be Georgia Tech winning its first title ever, or Connecticut both beginning and ending the year at No. 1?