Please vote. It's easy to register

\Excuse me... are you registered to vote in Madison?"" Sometimes I get simple ""yes"" replies with a ""thank you for asking,"" sometimes people avoid making eye contact with me, afraid I may lure them into a trance, but more often than not I have people tell me that voting isn't their thing. 

Eighteen to 24 year olds have the lowest voter turnout in this nation and most people our age say they don't care to vote 'cause the candidates don't care about our issues. Well guess what'if students continue to say that they don't care about voting and don't vote, then candidates will never care about our issues'all they care about is who votes and who doesn't. If we don't vote then our tuition will continue to increase, our financial aid will decrease, more bills restricting students' rights will pass and more people will have fewer options to come to UW-Madison.  

So vote Nov. 5 anytime from 7 a.m. to 8 p.m. You can register at the polls by taking a bill with your name and address on it, or you can save time registering at the polls and register at the ASM office on the 5th floor of the Memorial Union, the MSC on the second floor of the Red Gym or at the WisPIRG office on the corner of Regent and Mills. For information on registering, the candidates, where you vote or more about the Vote 2002 Coalition go to http://www.buckyvote.com. Vote. It's our turn to take back the ballot. Vote Nov. 5 and register to vote today!