An open letter to Holt's favorites: 'New music now!'

BET had some \Where Are They Now"" countdown, and that got me to thinking. What happened to some of those acts that had you wanting their next album as soon as their last one came out? Why do some of the best acts in hip-hop take such a long time off? Here is a short list of hip-hop's Most Wanted. 

We all know that The Roots is the best hip-hop band in the world, and we know that it very possibly has the best show out there. We also know that hip-hop artists make the majority of their loot doing tours. What we do not understand, though, is why they just didn't put together a few songs while they were on tour and a couple between tours. WE NEED A ROOTS ALBUM. did not cut it! They used to come out with Outkast just like Meth and Red usually get released at around the same time. We missed them last time around. How many times are they going to come to The Rave and the HOB without giving us something new to listen to at home? If we can't get an album from The Roots Crew, can we at least get the Black Thought solo we were promised? I'm usually patient, but this is turning into Dre and Cube's . If they don't come out soon, I'm expecting a double album. 

I can't even remember the year was released'do you? (Ed.: 1997) This dude has an incredible solo album; then he gives us the Speedknot Mobstaz album. That was like Pac and . There have been rumors and so-called reports about Twista's new album; I think the title is . This is one of those cases where we have no idea what's going on. At least we know that The Roots are on tour somewhere giving someone a show. What's going on with Twista'contract issues, money issues, legal issues, who knows? All we know is that he turns up on some guest appearance when you least expect it just to piss you off. 

Here is another case of the album promised but never delivered. WE WANT . That's the title of Underground Kingz' next album, or at least that's what people are saying. They gave us a couple of singles. Everyone wanted them on their joints over the last couple of years, the same way that people wanted . I'm tired of hearing Bun and Pimp on other people's albums and soundtracks. Those two haven't ridden dirty for years, and we are waiting. Please your fans, y'all. 

Of course we have to have the honorable mentions and those that got off the hook because they just came back. 

Casual just released his second major album, third if you include . You should because it may be his best album. Recent reports I've received suggest that his new one, , definitely is not.