Jonathan Taylor

Jonathan Taylor's five touchdowns powered Wisconsin's 48-0 win over Kent State.

UW by the numbers: Superstar Taylor close to 1,000 yards for Wisconsin

The Maryland Terrapins come to Camp Randall this Saturday desperately looking for a win. Following a strong display of 114 points in its first two games, the Maryland offense will come into Camp Randall looking for any kind of offense that it can put together after only scoring 69 points in its last four contests combined. After Maryland lost starting quarterback Tyrrell Pigrome to a season-ending ACL tear, the Terps have relied on Max Bortenschlager who has filled in nicely for the Terrapins, throwing for 561 yards, completing just over 50 percent of his passes. However, Maryland will need perfect play from Bortenschlager and his supporting cast to beat the Badgers seventh-ranked defense in the nation.

The Badgers, led by true freshman Jonathan Taylor, who is less than 20 yards shy of the 1,000 yard mark this season, and the seventh-ranked defense in the nation, look to continue their march towards their third Big Ten West division title in the last four years. Going against the nation's 67th ranked defense, look for the Badgers to have a quick start on offense.

In his second season as the Badgers’ starting quarterback, Alex Hornibrook has proved effective under center, throwing for 1210 yards and completing 65 percent of his passes. After receiving criticism for relying too much on preseason All-American Troy Fumagalli, Quintez Cephus has emerged as Hornibrook’s favorite target, with 401 yards on 23 receptions as well as five touchdowns to go with his stellar year.

Game Notes:

- This is only the third meeting between these two teams, with Wisconsin winning the previous two matchups.

- With last week's win against Purdue, the Badgers became bowl eligible for the last 16 seasons.