Foxconn is partnering with Gateway Technical College to provide internships to about 10 students.

College interns will be among Foxconn’s first Wisconsin-based employees

College students in southeastern Wisconsin are already reaping the rewards of the state’s controversial mega-subsidy to the Taiwanese electronics group Foxconn.

Students at Gateway Technical College, near where Foxconn’s campus will be located in Racine County, will be among the first new hires at the plant, as the school has partnered with the company to provide paid internships.

Foxconn officials asked the college to organize the internships for students in the engineering, IT and manufacturing fields. The students will be paid $14 per hour and can work up to 30 hours each week.

Foxconn has not yet hired their interns, but have said they are looking for about 10 Gateway students to fill the roles. The school has received dozens of resumes already, a college administrator told the Racine Journal-Times.

Gateway is hoping that some of the interns will be hired permanently at Foxconn after their internships. Foxconn has not announced partnerships with other schools on internships.

The subsidy bill that brought Foxconn to Wisconsin is the largest in the state’s history, and passed amid backlash from Democrats.