115 UW-Madison students, faculty and staff will be affected by President Donald Trump's executive order to ban immigrants from entering the U.S.

Number of individuals at UW-Madison affected by immigration ban rises to 115

The number of UW-Madison students, faculty and staff affected by President Donald Trump’s executive order to bar immigrants from entering the U.S. has risen from 88 to 115, according to the university.

One student reported yesterday that her travel plans were impacted by the order, UW-Madison spokesperson Meredith McGlone said. The student, Lily Khadempour—who is a dual citizen of Canada and Iran—is studying abroad in Brazil, according to WISC-TV. She has been told because of her dual citizenship she will be able to return to the U.S., and is set to land Wednesday.

McGlone said in an email UW-Madison is not aware of any other students out of the country that may be affected but are monitoring the situation.

“Going forward we expect there will be questions about the order’s effect on people from the designated countries scheduled to visit UW-Madison to give lectures, attend academic conferences and so forth,” McGlone said.“We are continuing to seek more information.”

She said affected individuals include participants in post-degree programs and visiting scholars. She also noted Chancellor Rebecca Blank’s efforts to communicate with the Association of American Universities and the Association of Public and Land Grant Universities to “share her concerns about the order and the need for a balanced approach that addresses security and does not weaken our higher education system, the competitiveness of our economy and core principles of our democracy.”