togetherall (1).jpeg
Courtesy of University Health Services

UW-Madison, Togetherall partner to expand student mental health resources

Togetherall, a virtual community providing clinically moderated mental health support, is now available free to all UW-Madison students.

University Health Services (UHS) and Recreation & Wellbeing announced a partnership with Togetherall on April 3 to bring all University of Wisconsin-Madison students free virtual peer support services.

Togetherall is an online platform that allows students to seek and provide mental health support for others while sharing personal experiences. All UW-Madison students are now able to access Togetherall for free, 24/7.

“Togetherall is unique from other mental health resources available because it’s all about student-to-student connection,” said Dr. Ellen Marks, UHS senior associate director of clinical mental health services.

Through the service, students can receive anonymous peer support via message posts and comments, according to UHS. These community-oriented, peer-to-peer conversations are moderated by clinical “wall guides” that can intervene if necessary to connect students with appropriate assistance. 

“The anonymous aspect of the platform provides a space for students to connect about mental health topics in a relaxed, supportive environment,” Marks said. “Togetherall will reach a wider array of students including those who may be less inclined to seek clinical mental health care.”

A 2022 Healthy Minds Survey conducted by UHS found 46% of students reported receiving mental or emotional health support from their friends.

UHS officials said Togetherall expands the resources already offered by UHS and creates a fully online, anonymous space that connects students all across the country. 

“We know from campus data that students often turn to a friend or peer for mental health support, so Togetherall provides another outlet to do that,” Marks said. “In this way, Togetherall reduces the barriers for accessing mental health support.”

Funding for Togetherall comes from the Charles E. Kubly Foundation and the UHS Suicide Prevention Fund. 

Students can access Togetherall through the student registration page.