UWPD.jpg

Green Bay teen faces charges for sexual assault in UW-Madison residence hall

A 17-year-old man faces charges for sexual assault following an incident in a University of Wisconsin-Madison residence hall.

On Friday, April 15, the University of Wisconsin Police Department received a call around 3 a.m. from a woman reporting a sexual assault that occurred in a dorm on the southeast side of campus. 

The suspect, Riley Jensen, is from Green Bay, Wis. Jensen was booked into Dane County Jail and is currently awaiting charges.  

The victim told UWPD that she was asleep and woke up from an acquaintance assaulting her. According to the probable cause statement, the victim said she had non-consensual intercourse with Jensen on a futon in her friend’s dorm room while asleep. The suspect denied having any association with the victim.  

Jensen attended court on Tuesday for his bail hearing, and the state requested a signature bond. He is prohibited from entering the UW-Madison’s campus and instructed to have no further contact with the victim. 

A statement recorded by the UWPD in the Dane County Circuit Court revealed the suspect faces a second-degree sexual assault charge, but formal charges have not been set due to pending results from the Wisconsin State Crime Lab.

Jensen was visiting a friend in the residence hall and is not affiliated with the university.